Instructor Inactivation or Resignation Process
This topic was added July 1, 2021.
Requesting a Leave of Absence (for Either Inactivation or Resignation)
Instructors requesting a leave of absence shall provide written notification via email to their Support Team (copy to Corporate Accounting Services at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org), to include the following information:
- Instructor Name
- Support Team Members (Enlisting/Master/Dean)
- Type of Leave: Inactivation or Resignation
- Beginning Date of Leave
- Expected Date of Return from LOA, if applicable
Instructor Responsibilities While on Leave
Instructors shall be responsible for the following during their period of inactivity:
- Notifying their Support Team, and keeping their Team apprised of any changes in their circumstances (copy Corporate Accounting Services at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Meeting with their Support Team to discuss the temporary or permanent reassignment of their Team Instructors and Students.
- Notifying all of their Team Instructors and Students of their inactivation or resignation status and providing their Support Team’s contact information.
- The Dean will notify Corporate Accounting Services of any changes that are to take place in the Instructor Portal.
- The newly assigned Supporting Instructor shall schedule a meeting with any reassigned Instructors to discuss an action plan to ensure that all students receive support as needed.
Instructors on a leave of absence are subject to the following:
- Shall continue to pay their annual Instructor Renewal Fee while in Inactive status.
- Will retain their existing Instructor Team and Student Base upon return from their LOA.
- Will not be credited for any “new business” transactions (i.e., new referrals resulting from an existing student) nor receive any overrides during the LOA; credits will go to the temporarily assigned Supporting Instructor instead.
Actions to be taken when a leave of absence occurs:
- The Instructor Portal will be disabled.
- The Instructor will be removed from the Instructor Facebook page.
- In the case of a Master Instructor or Dean of Instructors, the Instructor will be removed from the GroupMe group page.
- The Instructor will agree to relinquish all students to their Support Team for servicing during their period of inactivity.
- Upon return from a leave of absence, the Instructor shall follow the Instructor Reactivation Process, as explained in the next topic of this Handbook.
Actions to be taken when a resignation occurs:
- The Instructor’s Independent Contractor Agreement shall become null and void.
- However, the Contractor’s covenants in the Agreement, including the agreement not to disclose confidential information and the agreement not to compete (as set forth in Sections 3, 4, & 6), shall remain in force following the termination of the Agreement.
After you’ve viewed this content for the first time, click the Finish & Continue button at the bottom to update your progress, and you’ll be taken to the next section.